The Heat Is On!July 31, 2015
When to Purchase a New Air Conditioning SystemAugust 14, 2015
The hottest time of the year is here, and with it are rising energy bills as we try to keep cool indoors with our air conditioning systems. At Cogburn’s Heating and Air we want you to be able to keep those costs low so there is less strain on your A/C system, less repairs needed, less strain on the environment, and of course more money for snow cones and trips to the beach. Here are some top tips for getting your energy bills lower in the summer!
- Highest comfortable temperature
- Energy efficiency starts by keeping your thermostat at the highest comfortable temperature. We all want to stay cool, but when you have less people inside or less activity, you can often tolerate a higher temperature than usual. A few degrees of difference every day could add up to big savings.
- Set your thermostat to raise the temperature while you are away
- Having a programmable thermostat is the key to having the most energy efficient house and lowest energy bills. By setting the temperature to go up when you’re away, you save valuable dollars in keeping an empty house cool and you can set the temperature to get back down to a comfortable level just in time for you to get home.
- Turn your fans off when you leave the room
- This might be hard for some in Texas to believe, but fans cool people, not rooms. The wind chill effect of a fan often makes rooms more comfortable, but the operation of a fan doesn’t actually cool down the room. Instead, the fans keep using electricity while you are gone and do not have an impact on the temperature. The good news is, while you are in a room, a ceiling fan could help you feel comfortable at a temperature around 4 degrees higher than usual.
- Schedule regular maintenance for your A/C unit
- An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure! Schedule maintenance with Cogburn’s Heating and Air Conditioning today to make sure your A/C system is in tip top shape for this summer and many summers to come.
By focusing on your A/C system’s energy efficiency you can certainly lower the cost, the environmental impact and the amount of time spent on repairs. We have found that the best way to save is taking preventive measures so you don’t get any surprises. Our club membership offers preventative services throughout the year, so you can have a better piece of mind. For only pennies a day you can become a Club Member.
Request More Information Below: